For Homestay Providers
Become a Host Family
We are currently recruiting for students arriving in mid-August 2023!
AIEP is seeking Homestay Providers who will open their homes to international students
attending a local, middle/high school in a town near you, arriving in mid-January and mid-August
each year. A generous monthly stipend is offered for your hospitality.
Find out more about becoming a host family, or apply today.
Homestay Program Highlights
- Generous monthly stipend based on your state offered to Homestay
Provider to offset expenses of hosting a student
- 5 – or 10-Month Program (students arriving in mid-January and mid-August)
- 24/7 support provided by local AIEP staff
- Host Family Referral program, receive $75 for every qualified able and willing potential host who completes our application, and another $500 when they are successfully matched with a student! Referred persons must list you as having referred them on their application, and have not already been in contact with AIEP. Full terms can be found here.
The Host Family Experience
AIEP’s Homestay Program offers students the opportunity to experience the American culture
while receiving an excellent education at some of the top private middle and high schools.
Homestay Providers like you offer our students extraordinary opportunities to learn more about
As a host family, you’ll provide your international student with:
- A private bedroom with desk/internet for each student (2 students max per family)
- Meals throughout the week and weekend (students usually purchase lunch at school)
- Transportation to/from school and extra-curricular activities (busing were available and
carpooling as an option)
- Most importantly, a loving, safe and supportive home environment throughout the school
A central part of your student’s experience in the United States is their relationship with you, the
Homestay Provider. Through their stay with you, they will not only improve their English, but
also, learn about American daily life.
Homestay Providers provide basic needs and a safe and loving home for their students,
showing the same care and support to their exchange student as they would an actual relative,
son, or daughter. Families should also enjoy sharing their cultures. Hosting a student can be an
extremely rewarding experience for everyone in the family.
By actually living in the United States with Homestay Providers and attending top educational
institution, students receive an opportunity of a lifetime. They also leave
with an American education that has prepared them with English language skills and
preparatory courses that will help them enter into some of the top U.S. universities and colleges.