For Homestay Providers
AIEP’s Homestay Program offers students the opportunity to experience the American culture while receiving an excellent education at some of the top, private middle and high schools. Homestay Providers like you offer our students extraordinary opportunities to learn more about American society. By actually living in the United States with Homestay Providers and attending top educational institutions throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York and Maryland, students receive an opportunity of a lifetime. They also leave with an American education that has prepared them with the sufficient amount of English and preparatory courses that will help them enter into some of the top U.S. universities and colleges.
A central part of your student’s experience in the United States is their relationship with you, the Homestay Provider. Through their stay with you, they will not only improve their English, but they will also learn about American daily life. While the student’s natural parents serve as legal guardian, you are expected to monitor the academic performance, social conduct and health of your student during their stay with you. Homestay Providers will provide basic needs and a safe and loving home for their student. Homestay Providers should show the same care and support to their exchange student as they would an actual relative, son or daughter. Families should also enjoy sharing their cultures. Hosting a student can be an extremely rewarding experience for everyone in the family.
We are seeking Homestay Providers who would be willing to open their homes to an international Chinese student attending a local middle and high school in a town near you, arriving in mid-January and mid-August each year. (View School Affiliates – Location Map)
Homestay Program Highlights
- Chinese students studying in nearby, private middle and high schools
- 5 or 10 Month Program (students arriving in mid-January and mid-August)
- Local, Caring Support Available 24/7 from AIEP Staff
- Generous $1,000 monthly stipend offered to Homestay Provider to offset expenses of hosting a student. Households of 2 adults preferred to host, but not required
- Meals throughout the week and weekend (students usually purchase lunch at school)
- Transportation to/from school and extra-curricular activities (busing where available and carpooling as an option)
- A private bedroom with desk/internet for each student (2 students max per family)
- Generous $500 referral bonus when you recommend a family that is accepted into our program with an assigned student(s) – call for details