Host Family Criteria
In order to host an international student, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a private, individual bedroom in your home with a desk and Internet access. You
can host up to two students max (of the same gender) if you have a separate bedroom
for each student.
- Live in a single-family dwelling.
- Live within a 10- to 12-mile radius or no more than 30 minute driving distance of one of
our participating schools.
- Provide meals throughout the week and weekend (students usually purchase lunch at
- Transportation to/from school and extra-curricular activities (busing where available and
carpooling as an option)
Finally, we require that you commit to hosting for five or 10 months. We have back-up Host
Families available to host a student in the event of a true emergency or unavoidable change of
living circumstances for the current host family.